Today, we find ourselves living in unprecedented times with the global spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and unfortunately this year the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Gateway Chapter will be unable to celebrate our yearly popular Wine Opener event in person. We are excited to announce that Wine Opener will transition to a new and improved event in 2021 - Whiskey and Wine!
It is the 65th anniversary of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and we still want to celebrate and honor all that's been accomplished throughout our history. PLEASE JOIN US IN OUR CELEBRATION AND DONATE TODAY!
In 1955, faced with insurmountable odds, but determined to save the lives of their children, a group of concerned parents came together to form the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. At that time, very little was known about cystic fibrosis (CF), but the tenacity and strength of CF families laid the groundwork for monumental progress in research, care, and treatment of a rare disease.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has a proven track record of using donor dollars to produce results:
• The CF Foundation is the world’s leader in the search for a cure and has raised and invested hundreds of millions of dollars to help develop CF drugs and therapies.
• Nearly every CF drug available today was made possible because of the Foundation’s support and our ongoing work with researchers to find a cure.
• Our relentless determination to improve and prolong life has made a dramatic difference for people with cystic fibrosis.
• Through our efforts, the life expectancy of a child with CF has doubled in the last 30 years, and research to find new breakthrough therapies and a cure is more promising than ever before.
• CF is no longer exclusively a pediatric disease. Today, more than half of all people with CF are older than age 18.